After carefully accessing the situation at hand... Derby, I have to think that if I were asked whether or not to play Roller Derby, my infinite answer would be yes! Absolutely I would play. Now, if only I didn't have 3 broken ribs I would be playing. This is not a half in half out type of sport. Either you are 100% in... or you are not.
I can still remember the first time that I got the chance to get onto a practice court and start skating. Hell, I can remember last week when I put my skates back on and got on a rink for the first time in 2 weeks. Slipping my skates on was like heaven and being able to go as fast as I could, for as long as I could was a dream. Never before had I had such freedom. Never before had I felt such a rush. And I will never give that up, not for anything. I know several girls that feel exactly the same. Some injured, like myself, and some not- all just wanting one thing... to be on the track together and to just ... skate and play derby.
That is exactly what this blog is all about. You may see funny stuff on here and then again, you might see some serious stuff on here. But be assured, it is ALL for the love of derby.
I LOVE ROLLER DERBY!
ReplyDelete